Community

How to Put Stickers On Your Surfboard the Right Way

So you just scored some awesome new stickers from your favorite surf shop. You get home, peel off the backs, slap them on your board and head out for a sesh. Damn your board i...

Happy New Year L.A.! Crush Your Resolution Goals with StokeShare

Ahhhh January! It’s the time for new gym memberships, kale smoothies and experimenting with that new Apple Watch you just scored for Christmas. No matter what your New Year’s ...

How StokeShare Made the World a Better Place in 2016

“Every child needs nature—not just the ones with parents who appreciate nature.” – Richard Louv Are you a company with a mission or a mission with a company?...

President Obama Reminds Us To Invest In Youth

“You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou Last week, ESPN hosted a town hall with President Obama to have a conversation about race,...

Bay to Breakers Was Garbage: Tons of Fun, Even More Waste

This was my second year running Bay to Breakers and let me tell you, I had a lot of fun. There were beautiful people, a high-fiving Jesus, a Star Destroyer and a large pink mo...

StokeShare and Our Living Future

“solutions, not problems; practice, not theory; transformation, not incrementalism.” – Amory Lovins When I first dug into the Living Building Challenge I was at an inter...

What is the Sharing Economy

What is the Sharing Economy, Anyway? A trusted friend from grad school recently asked me to send him a brief email summarizing the sharing economy so I decided I’d just write ...

StokeShare in 2015: The Highlights

The dream that is StokeShare launched in April of 2015. Our mission was clear: change the world… Can an online marketplace solve global problems?  Yes Can we build a community...

Old Gear. New Life.

This holiday season the StokeShare team will be spreading cheer by giving your old gear new life. What the H. E. double hockey sticks does that mean? Well, I’ll tell you...

E-Commerce Isn’t Dead – It’s Been Replaced

THIS IS A REPOST FROM THE ONTRAPORT BLOG Shiftruption (shift – rup – shun) noun a movement or change in a business model where unused assets become revenue-generating tools of...

Environmental Problem Solving Inspires the StokeShare Movement

Planning a ski trip, but don’t own skis? Perfect afternoon for a paddle, but have no SUP? Coming to Bren Reunion weekend and have no outdoor gear? No fear. StokeShare is here!...

Community Consciousness – Brands That Invest in Concepts of Community

As a student of sports marketing, the most interesting concept I have explored is corporate social responsibility – the idea that businesses should hold themselves to a certai...